The Persecuted Church
- Christianity CRACKDOWN: Families ‘living in fear’ as angry mob DRIVES them from village.
- Christianity CRACKDOWN: Church attacked by mob in Nigeria. ‘GENOCIDE’ crisis.
- Christianity CRACKDOWN: Priest STABBED in Bethlehem as religion SHRINKS in conflict.
- Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- National Institute of Family and Life Advocates v. Becerra, Attourney General of California
- Janus v. American Federation of State, County, and Municiple Employees, Council 31
- Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy will Retire
Title: Revolution: Now
Album: Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (2010)
- Revelation 2:1-7
- “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands. I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name’s sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’”
- John 8:12
- “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- Matthew 5:14-16
- “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way , let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
- Matthew 25 (Parable of the Ten Virigns)
- Isaiah 14:12-14 (The initial sin of satan)
- “How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, you who have weakened the nations! But you said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, and I sit on the mount of assembly in the recesses of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’”
- Ezekiel 28:14-18 (God’s judgement on satan)
- “You were the anointed cherub who covers, and I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; you walked in the midst of the stones of fire. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created until unrighteousness was found in you. By the abundance of your trade you were internally filled with violence, and you sinned; therefore I have cast you as profane from the mountain of God. And i have destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I put you before kings that they may see you. By the multitude of your iniquities, in the unrighteousness of your trade you profaned your sanctuaries. Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you; it has consumed you, and I have turned you to ashes on the earth. In the eyes of all who see you.
- Luke 10:18 (Jesus witnessed the fall of satan)
- “…I saw satan fall like lightning from heaven.”
- Revelation 12:3-4 (The great sign)
- “And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems. His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it.”
- Daniel 10 (Daniel’s terrifying vision)
- Romans 3:9-20 (No one is good)
Things to Consider
- Are our politics taking up more time than our time with Jesus?
- Are we reading more news than Bible?
- Are we focused more on news than on prayer?
- Are we more willing to share our political ideas than our spiritual ones?
- What is the point and purpose of having these discussions?
- To have a say in how our country is run?
- To establish a functional heaven on earth?
The Common Experience of Many Church “Leavers”
- Grew up in a Christian home or went to Catholic school
- Got hurt by someone in the church or in their family
- Rejected Jesus because they didn’t want anything to do with Christianity
- Became combative with Christians because they felt condemned
- Shuts out honest believers trying to love and serve well
The Christian Mission:
- Love our God
- Love our Neighbors
- Make disciples
Be sure to subscribe for updates from Ancient Abandon, and check out the next episode on Saturday, August 4, 2018!