In this episode we briefly touch on the Las Vegas massacre, and the Yahoo/Equifax security breaches before we learn about the final Feast of Sukkot through the lens of Messianic prophecy. What does this week mean for us now? What does it mean for the children of Israel? What is the significance of booths, water, and lights during this week? All of this and more!
Don’t have a Bible? Check out BibleGateway.com for free access to the Scriptures
Show Notes are available on this episode’s page at ancientabandon.com
Follow me on Twitter @RebornJumpman
Like Ancient Abandon on Facebook at facebook.com/ancientabandon
Become a patron and support the ministry at patreon.com/ancientabandon
Digging the music? A big thanks to Ronald Jenkees for allowing me to use his music for this podcast. Visit RonaldJenkees.com for CDs, MP3s, licenses and more!
Songs used in this episode:
– “Inverted Mean” from the album Disorganized Fun
– “Minimal MC” from the album Disorganized Fun
The Two Wise Guys show is returning for Season 2 on Saturday, October 7 at 9pm EST (0200 GMT). Join me and my co-host Chris for an unscripted time of discussing the Las Vegas massacre and more. Find a stream of the show and archived episodes at TwoWiseGuys.org.
- Opinion: AncientAbandon.com – How is Your Heart? A Response to Las Vegas
- Headline: Wired.com – So, uh, That Billion Account Yahoo Breach was Actually 3 Billion
- Proton Mail
- Check to see if your personally identifiable information (PII) was compromised in Equifax breach: https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com
- Sukkot – the feast of booths
- Shalosh Regalim – the 3 pilgrimage holy days: Passover (Pesach), Pentecost (Shavuot), and Booths (Sukkot)
- Sukkah – dwelling
- Booth (from Oxford English Dictionary) – 1a small temporary tent or structure at a market, fair, or exhibition, used for selling goods, providing information, 2or staging shows; an enclosed compartment that allows privacy, for example when telephoning, voting, or sitting in a restaurant.
“You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All native Israelites shall dwell in booths, that your generations may know that I made the people of Israel dwell in booths when I brought them out of the land of Egypt…” – Leviticus 23:42
“…a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, ‘The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob; and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.’”. – Romans 11:25b-26
“I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh, and you sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams, yea, and on my maidservants in those days I will pour out my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.” – Joel 2:17-18