The focus of this blog has been to answer, and to equip you to answer, the post-Christian world. How do we do that? By understanding that God is at the center of our lives and everything is connected to Him, then we relay that truth in a rational way. This course is designed to be a walkthrough for unbelievers, new believers, nominal believers, and theologians alike. It’s aim is to answer a frequently asked question: “How do I study the Bible?”
Before going any further it bears saying (in the event someone thinks otherwise) I am not a licensed teacher, nor am I a Bible professor; I’m a guy who has devoted the last 11 years to getting to know God and letting Him teach me about the book that He wrote. I have trained in university settings both biblical studies and theology and have spent many hours in independent research.
To many who have been Christians for a long time, this might sound like a silly question but it’s one that we have all asked during our Christian lives and it’s a joy to help others learn to study and hear from the Word of God. I hope that you find this section useful. Be sure to pass on the link to a friend, family member, co-worker that God lays on your heart. Each section covers topics in successive order, therefore it’s easiest to start at the beginning.
- Introduction to Biblical Studies
- Reliability: How We Know We Can Trust the Bible
- Modern Translations: Choosing Your Bible
- Literal or Allegorical: Methods of Bible Reading
- Interpretation: How We Understand the Bible
- Application: How the Bible Impacts Our Lives
- Special Revelation: How God Uses the Bible to Speak Directly to Us